“Unroot Android” Rooting removes boundaries and gives you the total control on your Android device, but it has some disadvantages too. As I already mentioned in my previous post rooting will make your manufacturer’s warranty nothing (void). Rooting opens a door for malicious apps to steal user credentials from the device. Stealth apps can cause more security problems.
As an Android user one can easily unroot Android device in simple steps. We can unroot Android manually or else by using some applications it will be done in few minutes. There could be several reasons to unroot an Android device. The device might be used by someone (second-hand) and rooted by him. In this case you might want to unroot it. To remove some malware applications we can unroot our device. Most important reason could be to get back warranty of our device.
You can also read: How to Root Android Without PC In 6 Ways
Unroot Android in 2 ways
Manually Unrooting Android
- Android file managers can help us to unroot our Android phone or tablet manually. There are several file explorers available for Android on play store. We have only tested this method using ES file manager because ES is my favorite one.
- Open ES file manager on your Android device to explore root files. Try to locate folder (file) named bin on system files directory and click on it to explore.
- In bin directory you should find file named su. If you have found su file then press and hold on it for Delete option. Delete su folder from the system files.
- Follow same procedure on xbin. Find and delete su file here as well.
- Now, open app directory on system files and search for file called Superuser.apk. Delete Superuser.apk file from the system files.
- Finally reboot your device to notice an unrooted Android phone or tablet. You can check your device using Root Checker apk for confirmation.
Unroot Android using SuperSU application
- Download and install SuperSU apk on your Android device. It is a super user access management tool. It only works on a rooted device.
- Open SuperSu app and click on or tap on SETTINGS
- Here you can find an option called CLEANUP. You need to touch on it to explore more options.
- Now, press on Full unroot option and Continue.
- After closing SuperSU app reboot your device to notice an unrooted device.
From above two methods manual android rooting is an effective one with high success rate. If you have failed with SuperSU then you can find other unrooting application on play store. If you are succeeded with other applications then try to comment below, it will help others to unroot Android.