In this guide, we will share the steps to Root Vivo Y12 using Magisk without needing custom recovery or TWRP recovery. Rooting is a process that allows users of smartphones, tablets, and other devices to run the Android package to urge super-user control over the system.
It provides admin rights and permissions to change or customize apps or system settings with ease. Vivo Y12 comes with a MediaTek processor. It runs on the newly launched Android 8.1 Oreo.
Speaking of specs, the Vivo Y12 includes a 6.2-inch IPS display with a 720 x 1520 pixel screen resolution. It’s powered by MediaTek Helio P22 MT6762 processor paired with 3GB of RAM.
The phone has 32GB of internal memory with support for 128GB of expandable storage via a microSD card. The camera on the Vivo Y12 comes with a 13MP + 2MP dual rear camera with dual-tone LED flash and a 13MP front camera for selfies.
A non-removable 4000 mAh Lithium-Polymer Battery backs it. Vivo Y12 also incorporates a fingerprint sensor on the rear.
By default, the smartphone OEM doesn’t give you the option to enable root access on your device easily. You want to try it through some editing. Incorrect rooting steps or instructions could void your device warranty and may, besides, damage your device.
So please fully backup your machine before doing anything. So if you are a user of a Vivo Y12 device running on a MediaTek chipset and want to enable root access on your device. Then you are in the right place.
Steps To Root Vivo Y12 Using Magisk
Remember that the files and instructions are for Vivo Y12 devices only. Please don’t use it on another device. Follow all the instructions mentioned here correctly.
- Always charge your device up to 50% for a smoother process.
- As we mentioned earlier, make a full backup of the device data (Internal storage, SMS).
- A Windows or Mac computer/laptop is also needed to complete the flashing process.
- A USB cable is required to attach your device to a computer.
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool for Windows/MAC.
- Now download Vivo USB Drivers and install it on your PC.
- You need to download the latest Vivo Y12 Stock ROM.
- Download And Install the SP Flash tool on your PC.
We at HowToRootAndroid will not be responsible for any issues that occur with your device during or after following this guide. Do it at your own risk.
Extract And Patch Boot.image Using Magisk
- After downloading the Stock ROM, unzip it to your PC.
- Connect your device via USB cable and just copy the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device’s storage.
- Open Magisk Manager on your device. Select Install and again select Install.
- Now, click on ‘Patch Boot Image File’
- Go to the memory where you moved the image file earlier.
- Now wait some seconds, and Magisk will begin patching the boot image.
- After the boot image is patched, copy ‘p patch_boot.img’ from the internal memory and replace it within the same unzipped ROM folder.
- Now, follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
Steps To Install The Patched Boot Image On Vivo Y12
See the link below for complete instructions on installing a patched boot image on any MediaTek device.
Please Note: If the above-mentioned method doesn’t work on your Vivo Y12 try and pair via ADB & Fastboot method.
- We assume that you have downloaded the ADB & Fastboot tool from the link above.
- Now, unzip the ADB quick launch tool, then move the patched boot image to the identical folder.
- Hold down the Shift key and right-click on the mouse to open the command / PowerShell.
- Next, enter the subsequent command:
fastboot flash recovery filename.img
- It would be best if you swapped filename.img for the name of the TWRP recovery image file you downloaded.
- The flashing process will begin. Expect a few seconds to complete the method.
- Now type the next command and press enter:
Verify Device Root:
- Download the Magisk Manager app APK file> install it on your device and open it.
- To verify whether you’ve got successfully enabled systemless root, check the status mode. If you see all options are green checked, which means you’ve got successfully rooted.
You’re done. I hope this guide will facilitate your if you wish to root your Vivo Y12 via Magisk. Be at liberty to comment down below about your thoughts and queries.